Saturday, February 2, 2008

Humbled

Today I was speechless.  How do I adequately share Christ?  How do you even begin to share the magnitude of who He is and what He did?  It's a command to share your faith, to give a reason for the hope you have.  

Now reading a pamphlet, "Sharing Christ with a Muslim".  Did I share Christ with a Muslim today?  Not sure.  My heart yearned to tell her, to speak to her of the validity and reality of Christ on the cross.  Yet I stumbled over my words.  I found myself wishing I could speak Farsi...maybe then I would know what to say.  I turned to my friend in the car and, out of frustration, asked her to take over the conversation.  She wouldn't.    

Afterward, I was struck by the reality of the truth of God's sovereignty.  There is nothing I can say that will change her heart.  The Holy Spirit must draw her.  I can't.  Such comfort.  The burden is not on me.  I am commanded to share, and am not responsible for what happens next.  I can only pray that she heard and that God will use my words, however inadequate they may be.  

No comments: