Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love the Body, Part II

Once again, my Scripture reading was centered around unity in the body.  When Jesus is praying to the Lord before he is to be crucified, the main issue on his heart is unity and love among brothers and sisters in Christ.  (John 17)  Here are some of his words....

"Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one."  (v. 11)

"I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me." (v. 20, 21)  Did you catch the so that?  Why must we be one?  So that the world may believe in Christ.  

"The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one.  I in them and you in me, so that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me."  (v. 22, 23)  Again, we see the REASON why we are to be one...so that the world will see.  

"I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."  (v. 26)

Lord, teach us to love one another, that the dying world may see your love manifested in us.  Amen.

2 comments:

Ryan Bush said...

Hey!

It's Ryan Bush. I just found your blog via your facebook. Cool stuff!

Please email me and tell me this stuff . . .

1) Where can I find your marketplace painting thingys?

2) What are you going to peru for?

3) Will you link me? I'll link you back! [http://familybush.com]

My email is thefamilybush gmail dot com

Britney said...

love reading your thoughts kate, but I think you need to add them more frequently! :)

p.s. I tagged you on my blog.