Thursday, September 18, 2008

Quirky and Quirkier

Ok, so I'm supposed to list 6 quirky things about myself, according to my dear friend Britney.  I define quirky. This will be easy. 

1.  I count words on my fingers.  And what makes it really quirky is this...since I count them on one hand, I have to have one finger count as two words so that when I make it back to my thumb, it is ten words instead of nine.  I know what you're thinking...that's beyond quirky, it's OCD.  I agree.

2.  I can pretty much memorize a song after listening to it one time.  Perhaps it's because I'm busy repeating/counting the words on my fingers, so by the end of the song, I almost have it memorized.  

3.  I leave half-empty coffee mugs everywhere.  And I mean everywhere.  As I write, there is one here at my desk, one in my bedroom, one in the bathroom and one on the back porch.  I like for my house to be neat and get really in a wad if the floors are dirty, yet I have a science experiment growing in every room.  Go figure.

4.  I stick to my routine.  
Nights: Put on comfy clothes, settle onto my green couch (with always the same arrangement of pillows under my legs--green, red, green), read my book until I fall asleep on the couch to retire to the bed.  In fact, now my dog is a prisoner to this routine.  I just have to put my feet on the floor and he is headed to the bedroom for bed.  

Mornings: Wake at 5:30, make coffee, Dep goes outside, Dep gets fed, settle into the RED chair for my morning devotional (at approximately 5:50), begin getting dressed for school at exactly 6:30 and leave the house by 7:00. 

The order doesn't change.  Always the same.  Every day.  

5.  I love documentaries.  There's nothing like a good documentary.  My favorite so far has been Beyond the Gates of Splendor, about the five American missionaries martyred by the Auca Indians of Ecuador.  Far better than the movie.  The one I want to see is Born Into Brothels, about the prostitution of young Indian girls.  Let me know if you have it.  I'd love to borrow.      

6.  I put baby powder in my hair almost daily.  Very convenient.  Dirty hair?  Just apply baby power and it feels, well, sort of clean.

If you're reading this, you've probably been tagged into the "Quirky Game".  Here are the rules...
1.  Link back to the person who tagged you.
2.  Mention the rules on your blog.
3.  Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours. 
4.  Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking to them. 
5.  Leave a comment for each tagged blogger to let them know they've been tagged.  

So, tag, you're it! 
5. And I just can't think of any more...(lazy bloggers like me just don't know other bloggers)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted mine. You have an assignment at the top. :)

Haley

Britney said...

aww I love quirky ol' you!

Ryan Bush said...

i would say that they are 'half-full' . . .