Saturday, September 20, 2008

I miss them


Gabino, Adolfo, Marcelino, Mansur, Leoncio, Beken...I miss them.  I spent ten days with them and it seems my heart will never stop thinking of them.  A picture of fallen humanity and God's redemption in each child.  What they've seen and heard is often too much for our minds and hearts to begin to understand. Yet all have been redeemed from the life they once knew, and most of them have been eternally redeemed.  I miss them.

And then there is Rodrigo.  Man, what a kid.  The things that he has been through are things that your wildest imagination would not even dream up.  Out of respect for him, I will not write them.  It is his story, his life and I do not imagine he would want it posted on the internet.  Yet his story of redemption is one that moves my heart.  His healing has been slow, yet obvious. He is learning to live, to love, and to be loved.  I don't know if his heart has been redeemed eternally, but I do know that his earthly story is one that speaks of what God does eternally. Pray for Rodrigo, that he would know the love of Christ, and that his heart would be healed from the things he has seen, heard and experienced.      

1 comment:

Tanya Lyn said...

AHHH! I haven't been to Puerto Alegria since 2003! it is so nice ot see photos of what the boys look like now.