Monday, September 29, 2008

Still Humbled

I was reading over one of my old blogs, titled Humbled.  When I wrote it, I was so frustrated at my inability to share the Gospel with a Muslim friend of mine.  She was listening, and I was speechless.  I feel that I have learned something since then....namely that I am called to BE the Gospel, not just TELL it.  Joel talks (see sermon on Jeremiah 29) about how we are the salt of the earth, and that during Bible times, salt was a preservative, that would work its way into the rotting meat in order to preserve it.  I am to be that to her and to others.  Salt, working my way into her life, in an effort to preserve her from the rot and decay that is hell.  Yet I remain HUMBLED.    


2 comments:

Britney said...

It's amazing that He still works through us, despite us! I was catching up on Joel's sermon today and I really liked how Joel reminded us that it's not our "giftedness" that matters, it's the obedience. So glad to hear you are working yourself into their lives! Be encouraged! Heb. 6:17-18

Kate said...

Thank you, dear sister! Glad you are doing well over there. Lots of love from Birmingham for you!